POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSGism - Abstract CSG Image : Re: CSGism - Abstract CSG Image Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSGism - Abstract CSG Image
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 14 Nov 2004 21:41:03
Message: <4198173f$1@news.povray.org>

> Due to the image taking so long to render with radiosity, reflection and focal blur,
> rendered the image first with radiosity (no lights), then again with just reflection
(no
> lights), then lastly as a mask (with the entire shape full ambient white, and the
background
> black). I then composited all three images them together in screen mode.
>
> Any comments appreciated.
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy Cocker

Wow, this is awesome Andy :) I love the colors and textures, and the
result is very pleasing to the eye. Will you post the source? I'm
working on my MegapovXRS distributed render client/server programs and
would love to try rendering this on a 15 machine renderfarm (2 here at
home + 13 of which are accessed over the internet).

--
George Pantazopoulos