POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 14 Nov 2004 17:44:53
Message: <4197dfe5@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
>>  You've got the stance right Tim, I think it works fine.

To be authentic, though, a modelled cat should be done lying down and
sleeping. ;)

> I've got no cats around at home and neither do any of my friends, so I have
> to make do with whatever reference images I can find.

I have a couple of really good model cats around here - they have that
'pose' mode down pat. "Just sit here and do nothing? No problem, mister..."

I like the model. I do think that the front legs should be more
vertical. Cats' heads sit above and slightly forward of their front legs
when they're sitting up straight (which they rarely do anyway, so it
really doesn't matter).

~Mike