POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur
From: Alain
Date: 14 Nov 2004 15:17:48
Message: <4197bd6c$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-11-11 17:06... :

>>  You've got the stance right Tim, I think it works fine. Liking the
>>fur already...  :)
>>

>Thanks, at least I know that I'm heading in the right direction!
>
>I've got no cats around at home and neither do any of my friends, so I have
>to make do with whatever reference images I can find. Now that I've got a
>bunch of images of various cats, along with a few skeleton images, it's
>easier for me to visualize the "structure" underneath the cat and thus,
>model it to look properly. Of course, the cat cannot be animated, and if I
>decide to make a standing cat, I'd have to model a new one. But, to be
>honest, once you get some things figured out, it's rather easy modelling
>with blobs...
>
>As for the fur, I hope to come up with a nice texture for it. Still
>searching for the proper cat. Can't have too much black (you lose some
>visual depth if you show only black areas...) and neither too much white
>(doesn't fit well with snow unless the snow is slightly blueish). We'll see.
>
>Regards,
>Tim

White cats are not realy white but extremely light tan. I remember very
well my 2 white cats playing on the fresh snow, they looked almost
yellow on all that bright white very slightly bluish snow. Under a
cobalt blue winter sky.

Alain