POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:55:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Slime
Date: 13 Nov 2004 13:53:21
Message: <41965821$1@news.povray.org>
> " Even just from seeing the one image that has been revealed (I don't
remember the author...I
>   believe the name of the image was "Girl With An Earring" or something
along that line), I can
>   tell you that my entry is completely different, technically and
thematically."

>    I agree with Mike. My image also has a totally different theme to the
one he mentioned as well.
> Do many of the other CG contests run with a wide open theme ?

It may be difficult for the judges, but it will also be best for POV-Ray
this way; the contest results will appeal to more people with different
interests, and that will cause more people to check out the program.

Hopefully there will be an image which is technically and artistically
superior to the others, which will get first place. Then the rest of the
best images may get spread out over the next 25 places or so.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]