POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My new desktop image ... : Re: My new desktop image ... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My new desktop image ...
From: Ross
Date: 12 Nov 2004 16:57:04
Message: <419531b0@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
>
> > Simple, but nice.. :)  I think floor could benefit from additional
blurred
> > reflection.
>
> Yah... I didn't give myself time for the blurred reflection, it's just
> good ol' plain shiny reflection.
>
> > And.. wait a minute, while image reflected in floor dont have depth-of-
> > field effect on it?
>
> This goes back to one of my questions on p.nu, After fiddling with a
> pane of glass and a monitor I have concluded that the floor reflection
> is correct. Most of the sphere is within the zone of focus, so... This
> is why there is no DOF..
>

> --
> ~Mike

I think he means (or atleast I think I mean) that while the sphere is within
the focus, the reflection isn't. The reflection "sits" on top of some wood.
those wood tiles are very blurred, but the reflection of the sphere on that
same blurred wood is very sharp. Optically, how can this happen that one
thing in an area is blurred and another thing in that area is not blurred?

-r