POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another POVCOMP WIP (again) : Re: Another POVCOMP WIP (again) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another POVCOMP WIP (again)
From: Anonymous
Date: 12 Nov 2004 11:23:08
Message: <4194e36c@news.povray.org>
"m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote
> Chris Holtorf <lho### [at] nwlinkcom> wrote:
> > This is were I am at with the POVCOMP image. The prop textures
> > need work and I need to add more items to the lower shelf and
> > maybe on the pegboard.

> > Any and all comments and suggestions will be welcome.
> >
> > Chris

> Some ideas.
>
> First randomize things a bit. Like the tacks in the wall. The angle of the
> paper. Even the angle of the engine.  I look at my desk where I am typing
> this and there is nothing parallel. Also a little dust, dirt and Metal
> filings.

Since the engine is mounted, it's expected for it to be straight. Why it is
mounted that way, I don't know. I agree a little dust/dirt (not on the
engine but maybe on the floor/desk) would be nice. Is the engine Al? The
metal seems too bluish - then again, I don't know much about these things. I
agree with the other poster about the pizza #. Also, the postit note looks
more like cloth. Crumbled instead of stretched would be better. The board
needs some tools, and also some flaking off the paint around the holes, at
the sides. The view is a bit small but I guess it's a lot of work to add
extra stuff to widen it.