POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : Re: WIP - Sitting Cat Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Sitting Cat
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Nov 2004 18:18:34
Message: <4193f34a$1@news.povray.org>
> definately looks very cat-like. i would say that the front legs are a
little
> bit too far out (not straight up and down enough), as though the cat were
> sitting on a smooth surface and it's paws started slipping forward. But
> that's just a memory i have of all the cats I know. They always looked
like
> they were sitting very upright.

This cat will be seen mostly in profile and thus, this slight angle works
pretty well. Also, I've used several reference pics to consider where to
place what, and it looks like this is how a cat would sit comfortably while
looking somewhere. also, a very straight cat doesn't really look that
realistic, but I'm far off from a final decision. I'll give a straighter
version a try tomorrow, but I cannot promise anything. ;-)

In the end, it depends on how it will look in the image. With CG art, 100%
realism doesn't always look 100% realistic, not to mention artistic... :-)

> very good. looks great.

Thank you!

Regards,
Tim