POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Sitting Cat with fur
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Nov 2004 17:06:45
Message: <4193e275$1@news.povray.org>
>   You've got the stance right Tim, I think it works fine. Liking the
> fur already...  :)

Thanks, at least I know that I'm heading in the right direction!

I've got no cats around at home and neither do any of my friends, so I have
to make do with whatever reference images I can find. Now that I've got a
bunch of images of various cats, along with a few skeleton images, it's
easier for me to visualize the "structure" underneath the cat and thus,
model it to look properly. Of course, the cat cannot be animated, and if I
decide to make a standing cat, I'd have to model a new one. But, to be
honest, once you get some things figured out, it's rather easy modelling
with blobs...

As for the fur, I hope to come up with a nice texture for it. Still
searching for the proper cat. Can't have too much black (you lose some
visual depth if you show only black areas...) and neither too much white
(doesn't fit well with snow unless the snow is slightly blueish). We'll see.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"