POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : Re: WIP - Sitting Cat Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Sitting Cat
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Nov 2004 13:08:49
Message: <4193aab1$1@news.povray.org>
> Imho You cold get better results using isosurface soheres + blob formula
> (described in tutorial on isosurface). But I would leave pure blob for
> preview mode.

Could you explain why using isosurfaces with blob formula would be any
better than using the blob directly? I'm not sure I can follow what you're
actually suggesting: switching one object for another? For what reason?

> As for fure - check out MegaPov  :)

Does it have a feature to add fur? Or some special media? In any case, I
like to fiddle around using the official version. Makes it much easier to
keep track which versions and compiles to keep for older images in case
something gets changed in a later version.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>