POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Sitting Cat : WIP - Sitting Cat Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  WIP - Sitting Cat
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Nov 2004 12:05:49
Message: <41939bed@news.povray.org>
So, here's my first spin on trying to model a sitting cat. I'm using pure
POV-Ray blob for this one, but I might go with a few macros and scripts of
my own to attach some internally generated meshes (yes, I'm that weird and
don't use an external modeller).

In case anyone's interested, I'm using blob in order to later increase the
size via the threshold, and thus create a layer in which I can place some
media-generated fur. Or, if that fails to work as I'd like it to, I'll
probably take a week off my PC and try to shoot thousands of hair strands at
the cat to give it some fur...

The cat need not be photorealistic (or I would have given up straight away)
and it won't take up that much image-space, even though it is a central
focus for the image's meaning. I just hope to get a proper cat face done.
And a nice scarf to wrap around it's neck. :-)

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Tim

--