POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : is there any other program like Poser? : Re: is there any other program like Poser? Server Time
17 May 2024 05:54:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is there any other program like Poser?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 10 Nov 2004 12:51:20
Message: <41925518$1@news.povray.org>
DAZ|Studio
http://secure.daz3d.com/studio/

Of course, you still need models (probably of people), which are not free,
but they do go on-sale every now and then.  I got Victoria 3 for about $25 a
few months ago, but it's normal price is around $40.  Daz|Studio can use the
same models as Poser (though my experience has been that Poser 5 models
don't work).  I'm not aware of any free Poser people models, but there may
be some out there somewhere.  There is certainly a lot of free Poser stuff
that should work in Daz|Studio.  If that's the route you want to take, get
on their mailing list.   They seem to offer discounts every couple of
months.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com