POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sponza WIP's : Re: Sponza WIP's Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sponza WIP's
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 9 Nov 2004 17:10:54
Message: <41914030.2080600@hotmail.com>
Przemek Loesch wrote:

> By the way - has anybody tried to make an post-processed DOF with MegaPov
> new features? I mean to create depth map first and then to use it for
> blurring original image?

Przemek,

The attached image was made using POV-Ray 3.6 and the Gimp (image
editor). Three files were used to make it: one to make a depth_map of
the geometry, one to render the sharp image, and one to put the first
two images together to make the fake depth-of-field effect.

The effect is far from perfect. I had to blur the depth map with the
Gimp so that the edges wouldn't remain sharp.

I can post the files with basic instructions if you are interested.

-Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fake_dof.jpg' (42 KB)