POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Retrolampes : Re: Retrolampes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retrolampes
From: Slime
Date: 6 Nov 2004 18:05:16
Message: <418d58ac@news.povray.org>
> thx for the ideas... But I don't really know if no_image texture will
> reflect something ?!

An object will be reflected as long as it doesn't have no_reflection set.
no_image simply makes it invisible except in reflections.

I was thinking of something along these lines:

sphere {
0,1
texture {
pigment {bozo color_map {[0 rgb 1][1 rgb 3]} scale .3}
finish {ambient 1 diffuse 0}
}
scale 10000
no_image
no_shadow
hollow
}

(It could just be a sky_sphere except that you can't set a sky_sphere to
have no_image.)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]