POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : missing part of object with julia fractal : Re: missing part of object with julia fractal Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: missing part of object with julia fractal
From: A Luchuk
Date: 6 Nov 2004 00:34:35
Message: <418c626b@news.povray.org>
Im trying to do something similiar, Im subrtacting an isosurface from a
box filled with water. I was originally planning to fill the bubbles
with media, but I still havnt worked out all the details of the
reflecting/refracting surfaces. since the surface of the bubble is a
very comples distortion of the images of the inside of the bubble and
outside its hard to see the media.
so far my biggest confusion has been with choice of object to make
hollow. I know that the bubbles are hollow, but does the water box need
to be hollow in order for the media to work inside the bubbles?
attached are two bubbles, the one on the right has a negative ior. the
bubbles are hollow, but the box is not. the media is
next...{bubble_(1_-1 ior).jpg)

the bubble here is only part of image, im going to attempt ro tender
this voernight, and see if there are any more
changes...{bulbble_(max_trace10).jpg)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bubble(1_-1-ior).jpg' (123 KB) Download 'bubble(max_trace10).jpg' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'bubble(1_-1-ior).jpg'
bubble(1_-1-ior).jpg

Preview of image 'bubble(max_trace10).jpg'
bubble(max_trace10).jpg