POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dusk : Re: Dusk Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dusk
From: =Bob=
Date: 4 Nov 2004 13:22:05
Message: <418a734d$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote in message
: Like it, good job!

Thanks!

: I'd suggest a little less of the bush to the left though. It looks like a
: really tangled mess and, to me at least, quickly just turns into a black
: "thing", if you understand what I mean. The right one looks proper because
: of all the leaves. Maybe making them slighty translucent..?

I will try this. I kind-of like "black thing" but I will try.

: I like the colors of the clouds, though I feel they could be a little
: brighter, but that's just me. Might be my screen gamma as well. But I'd also
: suggest some more detail for the clouds. With the black foreground, I feel
: like the background should have a lot of visual details...

I agree. I'm trying to get more detail and puffiness in the
clouds. I have alot of media in the way in the picture, so
I'm reducing some of it  too.

: And the moon looks a little too much 3d to me. I normally have the feeling
: that the moon is more or less a disc when looking at it. The shadow is much
: sharper on it as well, not that smooth.

I have yet to figure out how to make it look right. Currently, it's
just a sphere way out there. But it doesn't look right.

: All those nitpickings aside though it looks great and should definitely turn
: out to become a wonderful image! :-)

Thanks, still working on it!
=Bob=