POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
13 May 2024 23:09:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: St
Date: 3 Nov 2004 16:23:56
Message: <41894c6c$1@news.povray.org>
"j" <phazxero[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
> "scott" <sco### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> > Just because something is harder and takes longer I don't think it
should
> > deserve more credit.
>
> That's true. Things that take longer to make may not necessarily
deserve
> more credit.
>
> > If we are being rewarded for spending 10 hours generating a clever
model in
> > POV compared to spending 2 hours knocking it up in a modeller,
then that's 8
> > hours we've lost that could have been spent on texturing/lighting
within POV
> > to make the final image look world-class.
>
> But then, how do you know that I spent the majority of my time
modeling in
> pov?

   Because you will say so in your text file...

It's the same as saying you spend more time to make fabulous looking
> lighting/texture thus deserving more credit, isn't that sort of the
same as
> spending more time to make fabulous looking model in povray? It is a
Povray
> competition after all.

   Can you 'please' stop splitting hairs? If you look at
http://www.richardrosenman.com/

   How can you do this in Pov??  Eh? Eh?

   Get used to it. Modellers are in, and PoV <YOU> create/s the
superior textures, lighting, and finishes.

   That link was fantastic for me. I think I can get close, at least
conceptually-wise.

   Give it a go, and stop whining please.

    ~Steve~