POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [POVCOMP] big truck at night : Re: [POVCOMP] big truck at night Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [POVCOMP] big truck at night
From: Anonymous
Date: 3 Nov 2004 15:57:47
Message: <4189464b$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote
> ZeSly wrote:

> > Here is a WIP for my POVCOMP entry
> >
> > I would like to know what you thought about the lightings, especialy the
> > halo of light surrounding each light.
> >
> > If you have any suggestion for the environment, with photos...

> Nice modeling.
>
> In general the halos faal to fast off. At first it looks like the moon
> being exactly behind the lamp. Also I would expect that the brightness
> would be more in the direction of the lightbeam. Now there is just as
> much light coming from the (unlit) region above the lamp.
>
> Your surfaces are too shiny and flat IMHO. That and the fact that
> your truck also seems to be exactly vertically positioned results in the
> horizon seemingly continuing in the grill and right hand side of the
> truck. For the same reason the roadside continues as a reflection in
> the front of the car.

What he said :) Besides the halo appearing at where it shouldn't in the
streetlights, there are some distracting coincidences: Lightpost with
exhaust pipe and the reflection of the roadside with itself. Plus it would
be nice to give the viewer some clues about movement: Exhaust, road dust and
gravel, tilted mudflaps, motion blur... For added realism, you can check out
some actual headlight patterns.