POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [POVCOMP] big truck at night : Re: [POVCOMP] big truck at night Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [POVCOMP] big truck at night
From: andrel
Date: 3 Nov 2004 08:41:00
Message: <4188DF78.4040408@hotmail.com>
ZeSly wrote:
> Hi povers,
>
> Here is a WIP for my POVCOMP entry
>
> I would like to know what you thought about the lightings, especialy the
> halo of light surrounding each light.
>
> If you have any suggestion for the environment, with photos...

Nice modeling.

In general the halos faal to fast off. At first it looks like the moon
being exactly behind the lamp. Also I would expect that the brightness
would be more in the direction of the lightbeam. Now there is just as
much light coming from the (unlit) region above the lamp.

Your surfaces are too shiny and flat IMHO. That and the fact that
your truck also seems to be exactly vertically positioned results in the
horizon seemingly continuing in the grill and right hand side of the
truck. For the same reason the roadside continues as a reflection in
the front of the car.
For some reason the placing of the rightmost lamppost reminded me of
this creature ;) :
http://www.science.soton.ac.uk/science_news/current_issue/images/9c.jpg