POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot or not? : Re: Knot or not? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot or not?
From: Andrew the Orchid
Date: 1 Nov 2004 15:49:57
Message: <4186a175@news.povray.org>
> Well, if it's the same as the first knot, below, and I think it is, then
> it's a "3,2 Torus Knot" (which I generated using KnotPlot --
> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/imager/contributions/scharein/KnotPlot.html )
>
> In which case, using KnotPlot, I deformed it (continuously, so it should
> be topologically equivalent) to the second knot, below, which looks
> somewhat familiar ;-)

Never heard of KnotPlot before.

However, in a stunning coincidence, today I did a search on Google
[relating to knot theory], and I unded up reading a paper on drawing
knots. And about half way through the introduction, I find that this
paper was written by the author of something called KnotPlot...

...so I guess by the time I finish all 250+ pages, I'll know all about
it! :-D

Andrew.