POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A moon : Re: A moon Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A moon
From: sap
Date: 1 Nov 2004 14:32:25
Message: <41868f49$1@news.povray.org>

web.418611c95442e2f8563d27f50@news.povray.org...

> It's a good moon!
> in fact, (if this is bad form,then please tell me), I have been looking
> for
> ways to build a 'moon' for my scenes. Could you tell me how you did it
> (or,
> if you're feeling generous, post the source)?

i cant blame you if you use  bad form in english, mine is  a shame loll.

I post the source in the p.t.s.f. Its just an isosurface. You can modify it
as you want, the moon is a bit dark so i need to use a large amont of light.
The render time is about half an hour on a 1.4 Ghz with 512 Mo Ram for a
middle size image, So if you need to do some changes, try to render with a
small size image.