POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface mod : Re: Isosurface mod Server Time
2 Jun 2024 16:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface mod
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Oct 2004 17:25:37
Message: <4182b551@news.povray.org>

In article <MPG.1beb1350c94266cd989c01@news.povray.org> , Patrick Elliott
<sha### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
> "...each HDF file is a snapshot of the model state at a given time and
> contains 12 3-D variables per file. It often is illustrative to look at
> multiple variables, such as cloud, rain, hail and snow."
>
> Basically, his format lets you retrieve individual surfaces in a single
> file to by name, like this:
>
> density_file hdf "blah.hdf", "foo"
>
> This would read in only the data for the 'foo' section of the hdf file.

I think you posted the wrong link then.  The link you posted does not point
to a page containing that statement nor does that website mention the word
"hdf" anywhere.  So I am rather confused now.  Is that Linux Journal article
available online somewhere, or could you at least provide the issue
number/month/year?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde