POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Showing two shiny spheres. : Showing two shiny spheres. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Showing two shiny spheres.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 Oct 2004 22:29:34
Message: <4181ab0e$1@news.povray.org>
In a thread I brought up elsewhere,  Christoph suggested:

<< For two spheres you just do:

#declare Start_Idx1=mechsim:face_count;
MechSim_Generate_Sphere(...)
#declare Start_Idx2=mechsim:face_count;
MechSim_Generate_Sphere(...)

and later:

MechSim_Show_Sphere(Start_Idx1, Start_Idx2-Start_Idx1, ...)
MechSim_Show_Sphere(Start_Idx2, mechsim:face_count-Start_Idx2, ...)

However, the _Generate_Sphere _ code would only be used in frame 1, and you
need to show the objects on frames 2 through the end.

I know I'm truly ignorant here, but I'm tempted to ask if it is a limitation
of the mechsim system that it cannot work with more than one sphere and make
them both shiny.  Or you have to do some arithmetic on paper to figure out
the numbers that the Idx variables would represent.