POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A boiling red tea... : Re: A boiling red tea... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A boiling red tea...
From: Frango com Nata
Date: 27 Oct 2004 16:21:23
Message: <41800322.8CC21423@yahoo.com.br>
Andrew the Orchid wrote:

> Wow... that's brilliant!
>
> Not sure about the steam, but the liquid is definitely very interesting.
> And I'm liking the texture of the surface the glass is sitting on too.
> In fact, the glass itself is nice. The shaddow should probably be more
> blurry to fit in with the whole look, but other than that... yeah!
>
> Andrew.

Thanks! :)
Well, the liquid and the glass are pretty simple:

#declare Liquid=material{
  texture{
    pigment{rgbf<1,.2,.2,1>}
    finish{
      diffuse .8 specular .8 roughness .001 reflection{0, .5 fresnel}
    }
  }
  interior{ior 1.33 dispersion 1.008 dispersion_samples 7}
}
#declare Glass=material{
  texture{
    pigment{rgbf<.7,1,.9,1>}
    finish{
      ambient 0
      diffuse .3 brilliance 2
      specular .8 roughness .001
      reflection{0, .5 fresnel}
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
  interior{ior 1.5 dispersion 1.01 dispersion_samples 7}
}

The surface the glass is resting on, however, was meant to look like a
round wooden table, but I ended up letting it be.
Regarding the shadow, I suppose next time I'll try with an area light.