POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:54:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 27 Oct 2004 12:02:22
Message: <417fc68e$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.417faecbb45fa19edb959710@news.povray.org...

> I think people will be much less angry if the deadline is extended BEFORE
> the initial deadline is reached.

That would have been better for everyone in retrospect, but it was not
possible to take such a decision before the deadline without knowing the
final number of entries. We had some inkling of the problem when some folks
reported that they were quitting the competition in these groups, but this
alone wasn't enough to postpone it. The fact that 75% the registered
contestants had dropped out was an unwelcome surprise to say the less.

> Agreed, and this shouldn't be limited to just models, but textures as
well.
> It is not easy to make really good procedural textures in Povray but in
> many cases it is possible. So I think the judges should have a certain
> level of weighing on pov-made texture as well.  Will all the judges be
> familar with Povray so that they can evaluate the technical aspects of the
> entries?

Most judges won't be familiar with POV-Ray. However, the judges will discuss
the pictures and those with POV-Ray experience will have the opportunity to
point out the POV-specific qualities of the images.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com