POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane : Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane
From: Ron Mayer
Date: 25 Oct 2004 04:40:57
Message: <417cbc19@news.povray.org>
This is my first "sphere reflecting [crimes] over a checkered [with a
grid of city streets] plane" posting.

PinMaps are a relatively common technique where investigators and
criminologists place pins in maps to help visualize where crimes occur.
Here, each pin represents a crime event, where the height of the pin
represents the time-of-day that the crime occurred.  I oriented all
the pins to face the camera, and angled them slightly so multiple events
at the exact same location can be seen.

      Ron

Any feedback / suggestions appreciated.  I'm clearly not shooting for
photorealism here - but any ideas about making the data easier to
visualize would be much appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'good6b_pinmap_with_icons.png.jpg' (87 KB)

Preview of image 'good6b_pinmap_with_icons.png.jpg'
good6b_pinmap_with_icons.png.jpg