POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A present for Miss Daisy... : Re: A present for Miss Daisy... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A present for Miss Daisy...
From: St
Date: 23 Oct 2004 08:05:16
Message: <417a48fc@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> That is really delicious.

    Heh, thanks. That's a first for me! The ashtray is what they call
a 'Whitefriers' design, and modeled in sPatch about four years ago,
(it's amazing that I've still got it!)

 Love the intricacy as well as the delicacy
> and sense of moment when the joining links are tilted up as they
would
> be and the gold texture looking perfect.  Are you experienced with
those
> knots?  The elements of the bracelet look like those Celtic knots?

    The main knot pattern is a series of six smaller 'Triquetra'
knots, or some call them 'Trefoil' knots. I deal with these knots all
the time in my job, and have made similar bracelets to this one.

   The finish that I used for the gold is:

    texture{ T_Gold_1A}
   finish {
        ambient 0.035
        diffuse .3
        reflection .03
        brilliance 5
        phong 0.41
        phong_size 2

   I think it's the diffuse that gets it to a better colour for
jewellery. Glad you like it.

  ~Steve~