POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A boiling red tea... : Re: A boiling red tea... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A boiling red tea...
From: Frango com Nata
Date: 26 Oct 2004 20:38:13
Message: <417EEDDF.41E0531D@yahoo.com.br>
> As for the image, interesting (btw how did You make the steam?), but
> "bubbles" should be like x4 smaller IMHO.

The steam is made up of spheres filled with non-uniform density
scattering media, with an IOR 1.0005 and enclosing a each one a
concentric sphere, half its radius, whose IOR is 1.001.
Both bubbles and steam spheres are spread and inflated according to a
certain 4-component vector function -- I guess I will try tweaking it a
bit...