POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rounding out sharp CSG edges (94kb total, 3 jpegs) : Re: Rounding out sharp CSG edges (94kb total, 3 jpegs) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounding out sharp CSG edges (94kb total, 3 jpegs)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Oct 2004 11:47:25
Message: <417BCE76.4030307@hotmail.com>
Renderdog wrote:

> Samuel Benge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>>Is this helpful to anyone? Questions and comments, appreciated as always!
>>

> Very helpful indeed; thanks for posting it, a valuable piece of code!
>
> Beginners might not know R is a random number seed, so add:
>
> #declare R = seed(0);
>
> -Mark Slone

Yikes! I always put that near the top of my scene code, so I totally
missed it. For the record, I used

#declare R = seed(0009);

because out of the twenty seeds I tried, that one had less surface
normal inaccuracies. Maybe I should post the complete code somewhere....

Thanks for catching that, Renderdog!

-Sam