POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TBOPP : Re: TBOPP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TBOPP
From: scott
Date: 20 Oct 2004 04:35:16
Message: <41762344$1@news.povray.org>
Dre wrote:
> "Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
>> Where would one find or how could one generate the Myphotons.ph file
>> that is called in your scene?
>> thanks.
>> .d
>>
>> "scott" <spa### [at] spamcom> wrote in message
>>> "Spock" <Spo### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>>>
>>> No probs, its in p.b.s-f now under the same subject.
>>>
>>> Hope you can understand it, it's a bit messy!
>>>

> Hi, if you remark that line out, Pov will generate the photons...

Yeah, sorry about that.  If you change it to "save_file" it will generate
the photons and save them to a file (this will take a while before it
actually starts the rendering).  Once you've done this you can change it to
"load_file" and it won't have to calculate them again.  You are then free to
fiddle about with the textures and things without have to recalculate all
the photons every time.