POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fountains : Re: Fountains Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountains
From: Mike Kost
Date: 19 Oct 2004 14:04:41
Message: <41755737@news.povray.org>
> "Anthony D. Baye" <ant### [at] goldsdsmtedu> wrote in message
>> Is your fountain object csg?
>>
>> I use the Liquid Spray include file by Chris Colefax.
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/spray.html
>>
>> Rune has one on his site that uses the newer features of POV (f/ex. the
> Trace
>> macro, media, etc.). http://www.runevision.com
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> ADB
>>

> it looked to me like it was a simple geometric shape, but the actual
> fountain effects were created by some fancy texture. i'd like to know how
> it was made. it's interesting.

Anthony and Ross,

This was created by a quick Perl script I wrote that was in essence a
particle system simulator that creates a blobbed collection of /a lot/ of
spheres in an include file. I wrote the script mostly for a mental
exercise, but then I started liking the result and got serious. The
rendering has a relatively uniform look because there's no 'jitter' in
system to preturb a uniform flight (that's next). Because it's a bunch of
blobbed spheres, it does give a good watery surface normal.

I did a separate rendering with fresnel reflection (and AA) and it gives an
entirely different result.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: