POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TBOPP : Re: TBOPP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TBOPP
From: scott
Date: 19 Oct 2004 11:21:28
Message: <417530f8@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> sco### [at] spamcom news:417507e1@news.povray.org
>
>> I have one question, can anyone explain why when I set the colour of
>> the plane to black the photons don't show up?
>
> Because the light is not deffused, even the one from photons.

I know, I realised this just after I'd posted!

> As for now, perhaps You could use something like
>
> plane { ...
>   pigment { rgb 1 }
>   finish { diffuse .5 ambient -.5 }
> }

Thanks for that idea, it worked pretty well.  Except that some of the
"colour" of the blob was actually due to the colour of the plane.  Anyway,
after a bit of tweaking I came up with this, which is far closer to what I
wanted.

pigment{ color rgb <1,1,1> }
   finish {
         diffuse 0.5