POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : HELP!! : Re: HELP!! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:56:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP!!
From: RJay Hansen
Date: 18 Oct 2004 10:24:09
Message: <4173d209$1@news.povray.org>
Lazarus Plath wrote:

> It's not the most intuitive to mac users, there is a steep initial
> learning curve and lots of research before you can start playing with
> making scenes. The usual learning by messing with the app doesn't apply
> here, you have to read, and there's lots to read. But it's well worth
> it, I'm amazed by how much it can do.

You're right on all accounts here.

> Now I've a question. Are there any programs that let you model a scene
> visually on the mac? So I can click on a light and move it rather than
> thinking about coordinates and typing them in. I know of moray on the
> windows side but don't know anything for mac.

Check out this page for lots of options:
http://www.rocketjam.com/povmod.html

> Also, I write programs and am working on one that makes shapes and write
> them out as pov files. This isn't a full scene editor, just makes these
> one type of shapes but I'd like to specify all the options in render
> settings for these pov files.

You may want to check out the Mac version of Mega-POV here:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/

It has a template editor which allows you to enter parameters for
virtually every POV-Ray object and function and will generate the
appropriate syntactically-correct code.

RJay
http://www.rocketjam.com