POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lamp : Re: A lamp Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A lamp
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 12 Oct 2004 17:13:17
Message: <416c48ed@news.povray.org>
> OMG, please stop posting photographs!

Thank you!

> But seriously, this is darn cool! The only thing I don't like is that pure white
interior of the lamp facing the camera. Either
> put a light bulb in there, or something else, lens-flares (don't think it would look
good) or scattering media in the whole room,
> so that it's not simply a white lamp-interior, but a beam of light.

Yes, I know what you mean. However, the lamp wasn't meant to be
the scene, it was meant to be part of a much bigger scene. If it were
just for the lamp, I'd agree with you. To see a very WIP of my scene,
look at:

http://home.arcor.de/mad_onion/002%20rund%20-%20lighting.jpg

It's an ultra-wide-angle camera in order to make all the walls visible.

Manuel