POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lamp : Re: A lamp Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A lamp
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 12 Oct 2004 09:04:08
Message: <416bd648@news.povray.org>
>> recursion_limit 2 brightness 3.0}
>
> Uhm, I'm afraid ushc settings are totaly psychical incorrect - surfaces
> diffuse up to x3 times more light then their get.
>
> If You would set higher quality (i.e. recursion_limit 5) probably entire
> scene will be totaly white / overlighted, since walls will recive about
> 3*3*3*3*3 * 1 RGB light

If I want my 4 spotlights to light the entire room, without overexposing the
places they point at, I have no choice but to reduce light intensity and to
increase radiosity brighness. Or have I? I do not plan to use higher
recursion_limits, it will slow down the whole thing to much. For the final
renders I'll choose :

radiosity { Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Final, off, off) recursion_limit 2 brightness 3.0}

The lighting is how I want it to be, and Radiosity_Final will make sure that no
artifacts are left...

Manuel