POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Asteroid City 5 (final) : Re: Asteroid City 5 (final) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Asteroid City 5 (final)
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 11 Oct 2004 15:40:28
Message: <416ae1ac@news.povray.org>
> What bothers me is the atmosphere!
> Laser scatter in a vacuum?

It makes as much sense as Star Trek/Star Wars/Spaceballs, etc.

I suppose in reality you'd never see a laser hitting your ship, your hull
would just begin to melt.

> > My only complaints are that there are too many stars, of which none are

I used a bitmap made by Driard Universe.  I made it look a bit more
cluttered than the night sky at sea level - figuring that there would be
more stars visible than there are here.  As to how many more - I'm just
guessing.

> And the rocket thrusters aren't throwing up any dust (which could scatter
> the green laser)...

I would make some dust clouds, but when I added the "iso-roids' the thing
started taking days to render.  Maybe I can paint some clouds on in
Photoimpact.