POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : By this art you may contemplate the variation of the 23 letters... : Re: By this art you may contemplate the variation of the 23 letters... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: By this art you may contemplate the variation of the 23 letters...
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 9 Oct 2004 16:38:10
Message: <41684c32@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno wrote:

>>Btw.: Did anyone understand what I guessed ?
>>

> Is a short english translation from : Lore ipsum dolor sit amet,
> consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut
> laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat voluptat.

Aaah - "Pseudo Latin". No I don't understand that language... =)

> ...or is pangram, a standard from typesetting were you get all the letters
> of the alphabet?

Yes it is a pangram.

Your text used almost all the letters in the english alphabet,
so I thought that _maybe_ the subject was referring to this.

(I used this pangram a lot while repairing old teletype machines.
We made punched paper tapes with the hole patterns for this
pangram so that we could check all the letter-"hammers"(?) in
the machines.)

 > B. Gimeno
 >

 > garrafa
 > (Is strange to dip cheese in the beer o taste carafe's whisky)

That would indeed be a strange thing to do !

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net