POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] : Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k]
From: Yadgar
Date: 8 Oct 2004 18:55:02
Message: <41671ac6$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Well - the smoke looks a bit crude, tried to extract it from the
> satellite images which of course do not give any height information. The
> smoke is from september 4, the texture image composed from the last few
> weeks to make it cloud free.

Stunning... and obviously, the 3-arcsecond DEMs for the USA don't
contain those ugly data gaps I noticed with the Eurasia files (for
example the Kabul area) - or do they in fact exist even in the DEMs you
used, and you just somehow interpolated the missing data?

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/
Home-made electronic music: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/music

Yadgar

Now playing: Dream in an Open Place (Vangelis)