POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lost library of Alexandria - 252K : Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 6 Oct 2004 17:24:13
Message: <4164627c@news.povray.org>
Roberto Amorim wrote:

> Do you remember the TV series? It's probably the only TV show ever for
> which I never missed one episode.

Too young for that - it showed here on local TV when I was about 5 or 6 I
guess? Remember old Star Trek TV series from then, but not Cosmos.

>> Hey! That's an idea. Remember the Daedelus ship, the Bussard Ramscoop and
>> the the Orion starship proposals Sagan made? Those would be nice
>> rendering projects...
>
> There are many interesting images there, many that would be worth
> rendering. That's a fantastic idea. I loved those paintings portraying the
> possible lifeforms in Jupiter...

I did as well. It was incredible what Jon Lomberg (I think he painted the
one you are referring to) could do with -paint-. I wonder if he is still
active and if he traces?

> I wonder what a 3D rendered image would look like with modern technology.
> The painting is already fantastic... a very interesting project indeed.

I agree. I wonder if Jon Lomberg as a site - will go and google a bit.

Kind regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician