POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lost library of Alexandria - 252K : Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lost library of Alexandria - 252K
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 5 Oct 2004 14:48:28
Message: <4162ec79@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> "Stefan Viljoen" <ryl### [at] intekomcoza> a �rit dans le message de news:
> 41626e06@news.povray.org...
>> Marc Jacquier wrote:
>>
>> > Very nice
>> > But...
>> > Dit they get the books safe before the fire?
>>
>> Nope - it burned down in total. Lots of knowledge was lost - I have heard
> it
>> postulated that if the library had not been burned down, we would have
> been
>> far more advanced today than we are. Apparently lots of knowledge was
>> lost that had to be rediscovered many years later.
>>
> LOL I know that but my question was "where are the books?" :)

Scrolls actually - no idea! I called it the library of Alexandria, but
granted there are no books or scrolls in sight. Conceptually, I would say
that the rendering depicts the foyer of the library, with the scrolls up
behind the Roman-looking doors depicted.

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician