POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shelter with Military Texture : Re: Shelter with Military Texture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shelter with Military Texture
From: Vincent LE CHEVALIER
Date: 27 Sep 2004 17:07:19
Message: <41588107$1@news.povray.org>
Hans-Werner wrote:

> This is the best I could get.
> Is there no other way than to take a picture with a digicam ?
> This is my first picture with POV-Ray.

Well, I did something using the crackle pattern. I'm not sure if it's
any closer to what you are trying to achieve, but I thought I'd post it
anyway...

The texture part of the scene file goes like this :

#macro ColorSpan(col, Span) // Macro to clarify the color_map...
[MapInd rgb col]
#declare MapInd = MapInd+Span;
[MapInd rgb col]
#end

#declare Military =
texture
{
  pigment
  {
   crackle solid form <1,0,0>
// Liked this form more than the default, but it's
// really a matter of what you want to mimic...
   color_map
   {
    #declare MapInd = 0;
    ColorSpan(<0.2,0.3,0.3>,0.45)
    ColorSpan(<0.2,0.8,0.1>,0.1)
    ColorSpan(<0.7,0.2,0.1>,0.45)

   }
   warp{turbulence 0.4 octaves 2}
// Just to add some irregularities in the shapes
  }
}

Hope this helps

--