POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rock formations WIP : Re: rock formations WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rock formations WIP
From: St
Date: 26 Sep 2004 12:51:52
Message: <4156f3a8@news.povray.org>

> > Yeah, that's looking nice. I love looking at other peoples Wings
> > models.
> >
> > Can you not 'bridge' the arch to the main rock? Too many faces?
> >
> >   ~Steve~
> >

> I am not fully sure what you mean, the arch is a natural bridge...
or do you
> mean bridge in the wings sense of the word?

    Yes, sorry, the wings 'bridge' command. If you can move the arch
enough, the end of the arch will have many faces, so you delete all
the lines to leave one flat face with a certain amount of vertices.
Then, you do the same to the main rock, hopefully leaving the same
amount of vertices. Select both faces, and hit 'bridge' in the command
menu. You can then select your arch vertices and move them towards the
main rock and fiddle around with it at the 'seam' as it were.

     Either that, or delete your arch and 'grow' a new one out of the
main rock. Whichever is easiest.  ;)

    I'm sorry, I wouldn't be so picky, but it just sticks out a mile
for me. But an excellent idea, nonetheless... Thanks.

    Looking forward to seeing some more of this idea.

     ~Steve~