POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lovely text borders : Re: Lovely text borders Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lovely text borders
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 23 Sep 2004 23:23:27
Message: <4153932f@news.povray.org>
In my opinion, it's not too slow to be worthwhile. Especially by setting the
accuracy low until the final render. The example "Robotron" pic rendered in
well under a minute I think, even with two borders and the accuracy setting
turned up fairly high. (700 MHz Athlon.)

I've always wished POV had built-in support for fancy text stuff, too. Text
without a bevel or border looks so cheesy.

Regards,
Dave