POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Asteroid City 3 : Re: Asteroid City 3 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Asteroid City 3
From: Thierry CHARLES
Date: 22 Sep 2004 08:07:22
Message: <41516afa$1@news.povray.org>
I think you should use a pretrace_end of about 0.02 or 0.04 and a
recursion_limit of 2 (take a look at rad_defs.inc for some examples)

If you want more lightning effects on your ships, you have to change
your media to get something with a saturated core ... in fact, the media
you are using seems to be something with a constant density ... you need
to have a very high density at the center of the media and a very light
density at the bounds.

The very high density of the core will enlight your ship and look more
realistic ! You should take look a this site :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/ressources.html