POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another first post... : Re: Another first post... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another first post...
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Sep 2004 18:27:24
Message: <4150aacc$1@news.povray.org>
frozen wrote:
> The newest version with thinner grass.. I am away for a few days but I will
> read and write here from to time. When I'm back, I will use another tree on
> the right side and add a few butterflys and have a look at this chess
> figure, which seems to be inside the board with one half... Comments
> welcome!
>
> Regards,
>
> frozen

That grass looks very more believable to me.

vis-a-vis your superellipsoid slowness issue.

one possible solution might be found in the fact that

a) superellipsoids can be gotten with isosurfaces

here Mike Williams talks about it:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/builtin1.htm#super

and
b) isosurfaces can be redone as meshes courtesy of Kevin Looney

http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/pubfiles/pubfiles.html
Mike Williams on that:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm