POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : (46 Kb ) : Re: (46 Kb ) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (46 Kb )
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Sep 2004 16:14:55
Message: <41508bbf$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:

> The stuff that you and JRG can do with procedural textures is
> astounding. This looks like a mapped-on photo. Any hints?
>
> An unusual frame. I'm curious what you used as reference (Has to be
> paint-grade maple. If it wasn't a frame, I'd guess a piece of children's
> furniture), because anything made from this grade of wood would usually
> be painted. Varnishing a frame of this low quality would be an odd thing
> to do. The question of what would be placed into a frame like this is an
> absorbing one.
>
>  -Shay

It doesn't really look like any model I had in mind, which, if anything,
would have been a gilded gessoed surface.  I combined some stretched
crackle and some turbulated wood to try and get what might be either
brush strokes of the gesso, or, caked paint dried to reflect an
underlying wood grain. But instead, it just looks like painted wood. I
don't find that so strange though.