POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another first post... : Re: Another first post... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another first post...
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 20 Sep 2004 23:47:21
Message: <414fa449$1@news.povray.org>
"frozen" <fro### [at] thefrozenno-ipcom> wrote in message

> I rendered a bigger picture with radiosity and AA. It took 1d14h34m22s!!
> The
> grass is still unchanged. The shadow is brighter now and I think, it looks
> much better. I'm looking forward to your comments!

I like it better.  Even so, I think the radiosity count could be higher, and
error_bound could go lower.  But that's one of those times when you have to
begin to be realistic.  I've played around with scenes involving grass with
a high radiosity count, and you quickly realize that it will never render in
your life-time.  ;-)

I can't tell for sure, but did you put "ambient_light off" in your
global_settings block?  Some of those stones in the shadowed area seem a
little bright.  Also (I think I've made this mistake before), make sure that
your global_settings block is before your #include's, or they will still end
up with ambient light values, which you generally don't want in a radiosity
scene.

It's looking good though!  Personally, I love outdoor scenes: grass, stones,
sky...  :-D

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com