POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - asteroid city (~43k) - asteroid_01.jpg : Re: WIP - asteroid city (~43k) - asteroid_01.jpg Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - asteroid city (~43k) - asteroid_01.jpg
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 20 Sep 2004 20:49:47
Message: <414f7aab$1@news.povray.org>
Actually, I read a series of books by Kim Stanley Robinson called "Red
Mars", in which they thrust an asteroid into orbit, and use it to construct
an orbital tether, which elevators ride up and down from orbit to lower the
cost of resupply.

This asteroid looks perfect for that kind of orbital tether.