POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pascal Blocks (121kb jpeg) : Pascal Blocks (121kb jpeg) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Pascal Blocks (121kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 18 Sep 2004 01:31:11
Message: <414BC7BC.8020405@hotmail.com>
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd post this render. It's based on Pascal's Triangle. The green
blocks represent odd numbers, while the blue blocks represent the even
ones. It's not exactly a true Pascal's Triangle (with numbers higher
than 2), but rather a binary form to show the pattern of even and odd
numbers. Of course the incidental pattern is Sierpinski's Gasket :)

Here's the basic code:

//begin code
#declare obj=sphere{0,.5}
union{
  #local Z=1;
  #while(Z<16)
   #local X=0;
   #while(X<Z)
    #local t1=
     inside(obj,<X-1,0,Z-1>);
    #local t2=
     inside(obj,<X,0,Z-1>);
    #local obj=
    union{
     object{obj}
     #if(t1+t2=1)
      box{-.5,.5 translate<X,0,Z>}
     #end
    }
    #local X=X+1;
   #end
   #local Z=Z+1;
  #end
}
object{obj pigment{rgb .7}}
//end code

This image took 25m 21s to render on my P4 1.6ghz machine. Focal
blur_samples was set at 100, and there were two 2x2 area_lights. Blocks
are Round_Box_Unions (very slow to parse, even if the object was
predeclared).

Questions and comments are always welcome~

-Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pascal_blocks.jpg' (121 KB)