POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error : Re: Cygwin configure error Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:04:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin configure error
From: Ross Smith
Date: 13 Sep 2004 17:32:01
Message: <414611d1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:
>>> echo "main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }" > dummy.c
>>> gcc -o dummy dummy.c
>>
>> This runs without complaint.
>
>     Mmmh this is getting interesting  ;-)
>     Did you run a bash or (t)csh shell for doing this test ?

bash

> It could be that the environment is different than when running
> the libtiff configure (but I don't think it is).
>
>> gcc version 3.3.3 (cygwin special)
>
>     Okay, you probably have (one of) the latest cygwin release(s).

Yes, I made sure I updated to the latest Cygwin installation before
reporting the problem with Povray. I later had to downgrade the Cygwin
DLL from 1.5.11 to 1.5.10 because the pthread bug in 1.5.11 broke some
other programs, but that didn't make any difference to Povray.

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand
"Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than