POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error : Re: Cygwin configure error Server Time
2 Jul 2024 21:52:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin configure error
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:45:12
Message: <4145ce98$1@news.povray.org>
> It did complain. The checking for this function has failed.

	Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

> The resulting config.log file was sent to your email address

	This file says the main configuration succeeded.  Since you are
on cygwin, libjpeg and libtiff were also configured.  However, as
I didn't get the corresponding config.log files, I can only assume
their configuration succeeded (the next POV-Ray release will make
sure of that).
	Therefore the path-with-blank-or-unusual-caracters problem
you report is likely happening either at build time ('make') or
at installation time ('make install').  Can you show me the context
in which the error happens ?  Please report the last 50 lines of
the console output including the build error.

> After "make install" i tried to render some scenes with default command line
parameter:
> 	Example: POVRAY +Iscene.pov +Oscene.tga +FT +W160 +H200 +V -D +X

	Note that the +Oscene.tga parameter is unnecessary here.

> The default povray.ini in $HOME/.povray/3.6 wasn't used -> p.ex. colors.inc not
found

	("p.ex." -> do you happen to speak french ?  ;-)

	If the  $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini  file exists, it will be used.
However, it might be that the Library_Path's are somewhat screwed up.
Please report the content of this file ('cat $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini').

> With following command line the render was successful (for Megapov 1.1, the same
with vanilla povay 3.6.1):

> $ MEGAPOV $HOME/.povray/povray.ini +Ibear.pov +Otest.tga +FT +W640 +H480 +V -D
> +X +L/usr/local/share/megapov-1.1\include

	Two things here:

1) If $HOME/.povray/povray.ini contains "bad" Library_Path entries as guessed
above, it won't help to specify it on the command-line.

2) I suppose you did a typo in  +L/usr/local/share/megapov-1.1\include  since
the last backslash is wrong*.  Assuming you actually have "megapov-1.1/include"
and that it works as is, it means the installation managed to place the files
under /usr/local/share/megapov-1.1/include, but for some reason povray.ini
is missing this path.

(*) Not sure if and how cygwin copes with mixed POSIX and non-POSIX paths.

> I think, this was a problem of my fresh cygwin installation and not of povray
itself.
> Or is this a problem of "make install"?

	In your case I'd say both  :-)  Cygwin should be in fault when you have
paths with spaces (first problem), and POV-Ray's install might do something bad
(second problem).

	To summarize, I'd like you show me (or send, when adequate) the
following:

1) If they exist
C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\cygwin\povray-3.6.1\libraries\libjpeg\config.log
C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\cygwin\povray-3.6.1\libraries\libtiff\config.log

2) The error message + last 50 lines of running 'make' or 'make install' from the
C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\cygwin\povray-3.6.1  directory

3) Content of  $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini  that you obtained after installing
from  D:\local_dev\Privat\cygwin\povray-3.6.1

	Thanks again,
	- NC